Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New Feautres!

In addition to the monthly Art Fix - cutting edge info on current and upcoming art openings, events, exhibitions, and shindigs; Art Scene Seattle also features:

Art Walk Schedule
Don't know when and where to find local art? Check out the Art Walk Schedule to see when your community is hosting it's art walk! Almost every neighbourhood in Seattle has one, and it's fun to explore new art spaces!

Archive
Want to know which events were happening in Seattle last month, this time last year, or which artist was showing at that place that one time? You can find it all in the Archive!

Local Art Spaces
A list of galleries, studios, collectives, and art-friendly places around the Northwest that display local art and support local artists!

NEW! Calls for Art
Are you an artist who's looking for a place to display your work? Whether it's a themed group show looking for more submissions, a local coffee shop that wants to fill some wall space, a juried exhibition, convention, grant application, artist in residence, scholarship, or volunteer opportunity; I will do my best to post any and all links that I find to art possibilities for local artists!

NEW! Local Artist Features
I have met so many amazing and talented individuals in my exploration of Seattle's creative culture, that it would take me forever to interview them all. But, on occasion, I have the time to talk in depth with a fellow artist about his or her creative process. I feature artists that I admire, whose work inspires me, and who are making a consistent and positive difference in Seattle's art scene. Please take a moment to check them out and support their work.

Participate!
If you are part of a community that does not yet have an art walk; an art space that I have not yet included on my list; an organisation that offers opportunities for local artists; an artist wondering where and how to promote your work; or anyone who has questions, comments, or suggestions... let me know! I will add you to the list, spread the word, and do my best to put you in touch with someone in the Seattle art community who can help!

Contact: bcduncan.art@gmail.com

Support your local art scene! Cheers!

~ BCDuncan

No comments:

Post a Comment