Saturday, March 8, 2014

GEORGETOWN: One for Sorrow, Two for Pain

I'm powering through Art Walk this eve, because I contracted one of the many plagues going around, but one of my very favourite artists, Stephanie Pui-Mun Law, is showing at Krab Jab Studio! Her dedication to fantastical forms and exquisitely intricate textures made her one of the few artists who initially inspired me to explore watercolours. She's only in town for a short while, and she's giving an artist talk about her process that I would have kicked myself if I'd missed. But I'm happily able to her her speak, ask some questions, and secure a copy of her most recent art book "Between the Seams" which she's kind enough to sign and personalise for me. 

Curator Julie Baroh & artist Stephanie Pui-Mun Law @ Krab jab Studio

I also hit the opening of "Pain Body" at the Georgetown Liquor Co. featuring the work of Rachel Setzer, my co-founder in the Seattle Arts Coalition. This is my first month curating at the GLC, and I feel I should make an appearance for fun and posterity. Overall, an awesome eve, and I'm still standing despite being still plague-ridden. 

"Pain Body" @ Georgetown Liquor Co



I hope I can come back later in the month to see the "Stereo*type*" group show at LxWxH and Mark Tedin's "Mark Makings" at Calamity Jane's. If you find yourslef in Georgetown, check them out!

Support your local art scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment